Quote
So nobody can advice on scanner choice?

I am moving from NexGen to Amazing Charts and trying to set up my solo practice. Right now we are using Fujitsu Fi-4120C to scan records into NexGen. Fi-4120C is an outdated model and is not longer available. Fujitsu website suggests Fi-5120C Sheet-Fed Scanner instead of Fi-4120C. I don't have hands on experience with Fujitsu scanners, so I just wanted to ask what Fujitsu models are used by other Amazing Charts users.

I dont have any advice. However, AC3 has a builtin scanner control function within the imported files section. THis is able to control TWAIN-compliant scanners.

Many docs using AC for a while have used scanners that are direct-to-pdf output, double-sided scanners. Some are TWAIN-compliant and some are not.

I bought a couple of Fujitsu Snap Scanners for my office staff, and they scan papers to their desktop pc's and then copy/import them into the right location in AC. The snap scanners are small footprint, fairly quick, modest price to buy and maintain, direct to PDF, double-sided and not TWAIN compliant. I have a couple of TWAIN very high end scanners and havent tried them with AC3's new feature yet.

good luck!

Geoff