This is getting interesting. I have two users on my "old" computer. one is called "group" one is caled "DRMO". when I change users/log in as "group" I can browse to the the folder I created on the new computer. I can open the test file called "test firewall". I can make changes, but I can't save them. it says "cannot creat the test firewall.txt file. check path and filename" (something like that).
The really odd thing is if I change users to "DRMO" and try to access the new folder on the new PC it says I can't access it, I can't even view the firewall test. txt file.
It says "ann test" is available, but the user account that you are logged on with was denied access. ("ann test" is the folder I created below the amazing charts folder on the new "main" computer to test sharing)
It seems like a permissions or sharing issue with windows 7 to me, but I'm no expert.
I can always go back to using the old "main" computer until we work it out. all I have to do is change the name of the amazing charts MDF file (delete old) and point the networked PCs at it right?
Thanks for your help on a weekend. Don't feel any urgency to respond. Like I said I can always go back until we figure this out.
Thanks
Greg Mosolf


Greg Mosolf
Pediatrician
Jacksonville, FL