Thanks for the responses so far.
I am glad to hear about the import files to a directory - that makes things easier for backups.
As for the same computer, I guess it depends on how Lytec 2011 creates its 2008 SQL server database. In 2006 it is a named instance and I am sure that AC would not use the same name, so technically it should work - I need to do some more testing/investigation.
As for X-Link, I think we would normally create the patient info in Lytec (since that is where the scheduler is) and then we would need to send it to AC. I would like AC to populate the charge records of Lytec - double entry would mean printing off the superbill from AC and posting it as you mentioned.
As for X-Link updates, unless AC changes their interface format there really should be no need to upgrade the sfw. As long as it keeps working should be no issue.
Does anyone use X-Link and AC on this forum and can chime in on how physically things are synced?
Thanks
Kevin