Most Recent Posts
ICD-10 codes
by ffac - 10/06/2026 12:54 PM
Finding my API
by It's me - 10/04/2026 6:58 PM
SQL server
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 12:51 PM
Laptops v. Desktops, what do users prefer?
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 12:46 PM
Electronic Signature Pad for Consent Forms
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 11:12 AM
Member Spotlight
jimmie
jimmie
Montana
Posts: 1,612
Joined: October 2011
Newest Members
peter smith, Christophe1776, Jun Valley Occ H, Michael Lara, DrDr
4,614 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 98
Ted Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 98
I am having some problems with connecting to Amazing Charts with a client PC. I have a new Dell server with Windows Server 2012. The firewall is blocking the client computer from accessing the database. I contacted AC tech support and the only solution they could come up with is to turn off the Windows Server 2012 firewall. (Turn off the firewall and the system works fine.) I have a firewall on the router but I would prefer the firewall on the server to also be turned on. Are there any AC users with Windows Server 2012 who have encountered a similar problem or is there anyone who knows of a solution to this problem? I have tried going through the steps to allow Amazing Charts to be an exception to the firewall but the process will not allow the entire AC folder to be excluded.

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,211
Likes: 8
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,211
Likes: 8
Ted,

Interesting problem. I usually don't have issues with the Windows firewall after putting in a few settings. PM me and we'll set up a time for a remote login or something so I can take a look.

JamesNT


James Summerlin
My personal site: http://www.dataintegrationsolutions.net
james@dataintegrationsolutions.net

Moderated by  ChrisFNP, DocGene, JBS, Wendell365 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 257 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
ffac 2
Top Posters
Bert 12,908
JBS 3,002
Wendell365 2,370
Sandeep 2,316
ryanjo 2,084
Leslie 2,002
Wayne 1,889
This board is dedicated to the memory of Michael "Indy" Astleford. February 6, 1961 -- April 16, 2019




SiteLock
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5