Most Recent Posts
ICD-10 codes
by ffac - 10/06/2026 12:54 PM
Finding my API
by It's me - 10/04/2026 6:58 PM
SQL server
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 12:51 PM
Laptops v. Desktops, what do users prefer?
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 12:46 PM
Electronic Signature Pad for Consent Forms
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 11:12 AM
Member Spotlight
EyeGuy
EyeGuy
Saratoga Springs, NY
Posts: 121
Joined: April 2008
Newest Members
peter smith, Christophe1776, Jun Valley Occ H, Michael Lara, DrDr
4,614 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#57285 10/07/2013 12:33 AM
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
willow Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
I am currently running window XP pro, with one of the computer as the "server" where the SQL server is located, and the other two clients computer accessing the server. I use Lytec 2009 as my PM and started using Amazing charts in 2012. Overtimes, Lytec 2009 is taking longer and longer to access the SQL server. On average, it takes about 1 minute for the "server computer" to load up the information, and 2 minutes for the "client computer" to access the data base from the server. I don't have any problems with amazing charts. I was wondering if this is caused by conflicts between lytec and amazing charts. Any suggestions? thanks.

I hope amazing charts would come up with their PM soon so I can get rid of lytec!

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,316
Likes: 2
G
Member
Offline
G
Member
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,316
Likes: 2
They're likely competing for resources rather than for SQL. I believe Lytec runs on SQL 2008 while Amazing Charts runs on SQL 2005. The recommended amount of memory/RAM for Lytec is 4GB and AC also needs 1-2GB. The issue is that Windows XP is limited at 4GB (realistically at 3-3.3GB).

My first recommendation would be checking the Task Mananager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC on the XP server to see if memory usage is high. We are interested in the total and the amount available. The example below the total amount is ~2,000,000 K or (2 gigabytes) and the free amount is ~1,500,000 K or (1.5 GB).


[Linked Image from ]

Also given that the server is XP Pro, my guess is that the processor is also dated as well.




Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
willow Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
Thanks! I will give it a try.


Moderated by  ChrisFNP, DocGene, JBS, Wendell365 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
ffac 2
Top Posters
Bert 12,908
JBS 3,002
Wendell365 2,370
Sandeep 2,316
ryanjo 2,084
Leslie 2,002
Wayne 1,889
This board is dedicated to the memory of Michael "Indy" Astleford. February 6, 1961 -- April 16, 2019




SiteLock
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5