Most Recent Posts
ICD-10 codes
by ffac - 10/06/2026 12:54 PM
Finding my API
by It's me - 10/04/2026 6:58 PM
SQL server
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 12:51 PM
Laptops v. Desktops, what do users prefer?
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 12:46 PM
Electronic Signature Pad for Consent Forms
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 11:12 AM
Member Spotlight
DocGene
DocGene
Cumberland, Md
Posts: 1,023
Joined: February 2011
Newest Members
peter smith, Christophe1776, Jun Valley Occ H, Michael Lara, DrDr
4,614 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#54745 06/12/2013 6:06 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 80
AmberO Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 80
In previous versions of AC, I would simply print out the daily CMS 1500 forms and then enter that data in our PM program. This was perfect as it gave me the dx, procedure code, and provider of service (we have 4).
6.5.5 will only print CMS 1500 forms if the patient has insurance, so it won't print my self pays. If I print out daly invoices, I'll get the procedure code and dx, but not provider.
Anyone doing this a different way? I'm thinking I'm missing something. I don't want to create more work by having to do multiple ways (CMS and invoices) or researching and writing in data.
Thanks for your help.
Amber


Amber
The Numbers Lady
Internal Med Practice
Fairbanks, AK
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,889
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,889
You may have tried this already. But...do you list "Self Pay" as the insurer? Can you do that in 6.5? (We don't have it yet).


Wayne
New York, NY
Hey, look! A Bandwagon! Let's jump on!
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 80
AmberO Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 80
I haven't tried that Wayne. I haven't needed to in the past. However, 6.5.5 is has codified insurances, so I'm not sure how that will work. I will look into that. Thank you for the suggestion.
Amber


Amber
The Numbers Lady
Internal Med Practice
Fairbanks, AK
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 80
AmberO Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 80
Wayne,
I created a self pay insurance. It isn't my favorite way of doing it, but it seems like it will be a decent work around. Thank you for the idea. I appreciate the help.
Amber


Amber
The Numbers Lady
Internal Med Practice
Fairbanks, AK
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 80
AmberO Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 80
Also, if this helps anyone else, in 6.5.5 the system reads the start date on the insurance. So, if you want the CMS 1500 to create for these self pay patients, you have to set the start date back to before the date of service.
I just ran a report and have to enter this for 462 records.
Amber


Amber
The Numbers Lady
Internal Med Practice
Fairbanks, AK

Moderated by  DocGene, Wendell365 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 193 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
ffac 2
Top Posters
Bert 12,908
JBS 3,002
Wendell365 2,370
Sandeep 2,316
ryanjo 2,084
Leslie 2,002
Wayne 1,889
This board is dedicated to the memory of Michael "Indy" Astleford. February 6, 1961 -- April 16, 2019




SiteLock
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5