Most Recent Posts
ICD-10 codes
by ffac - 10/06/2026 12:54 PM
Finding my API
by It's me - 10/04/2026 6:58 PM
SQL server
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 12:51 PM
Laptops v. Desktops, what do users prefer?
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 12:46 PM
Electronic Signature Pad for Consent Forms
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 11:12 AM
Member Spotlight
bmdubu
bmdubu
Tampa
Posts: 34
Joined: August 2010
Newest Members
peter smith, Christophe1776, Jun Valley Occ H, Michael Lara, DrDr
4,614 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#27465 01/27/2011 2:50 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,211
Likes: 8
JamesNT Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,211
Likes: 8
Hello Everyone,

Bert suggested that I write a small introductory post and, after thinking about it for a moment, it makes sense to do so as to most of you I'm probably some new guy who suddenly jumped on here giving computer advice.

My name is James Summerlin and I live in Wilmington, NC. I work for Professional Data Management, Inc. as the sole person in charge of Information Systems and Software Development. I graduated college from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington (www.uncw.edu) with a bachelor's in Computer Science and have been working with computers in some form or fashion since 1996.

Almost all of my experience is with Microsoft technologies. Back in the 90's I was all into Linux and open source but after years of watching flame war after flame war on the usenets, Microsoft leaving Linux behind in the dust, and overall open source just not living up to its promises I decided to abandon open source and join the Microsoft camp. While MS clearly has some issues it needs to address, overall it gets the job done and I'm happier here.

I decided to become interested in the AC forum because we currently have 8 clients using AC. So far, AC appears to be one of the more favored EMR's and it seems to be one of the easier ones to maintain from a networking standpoint.

Some of you have figured out by now that I work for a billing center. Have no fear, I have no intention whatsoever of trying to push our services on this forum. I am here in a technical capacity only.

If anyone has any advice on how to better integrate myself with this community, your constructive criticism is most welcome. Please PM me. Bert and Indy have already been most helpful in those regards (thank you both!).

I hope the ideas I share on this forum will help some of you. Despite the fact that in the world of technology Logic is supposed to dominate and everything should eventually boil down to a 1 or a 0, the world of technology seems to be more complicated than the US government. Amazing how that happens.

I look forward to making new friends here.

JamesNT



James Summerlin
My personal site: http://www.dataintegrationsolutions.net
james@dataintegrationsolutions.net
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 487
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 487
Welcome James and thanks for being here!

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,549
Likes: 1
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,549
Likes: 1
Thank you for your help. Either technologically or psychiatrically the shift to electronic has me in need of significant help on an almost daily basis, and yours s much appreciated.


David Grauman MD, FACP
Flagstaff, Arizona
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,211
Likes: 8
JamesNT Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,211
Likes: 8
By the way, you can see my articles about computers and how they work in BC Advantage Magazine. www.billing-coding.com

JamesNT


James Summerlin
My personal site: http://www.dataintegrationsolutions.net
james@dataintegrationsolutions.net
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,128
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,128
Welcome! We appreciate you joining and helping out. We have some active topics in the Problems forum that you might be able to address - it seems we all share certain difficulties with AC.

Again, welcome aboard!


Chris
Living the Dream in Alaska
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,370
Likes: 2
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,370
Likes: 2
Welcome and nice to have you here.

It's good to have IT experts on the forum. It would be nice if AC central more consistently gave feedback.

So far, your responses seem a voice of reason and that is both helpful and reassuring.


Wendell
Pediatrician in Chicago

The patient's expectation is that you have all the answers, sometimes they just don't like the answer you have for them
JamesNT #27475 01/27/2011 11:44 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,811
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,811
James, glad to see you here,and I'm sure your insights and knowledge will be of great assistance.

The Doctors that you meet on this forum are some of the most thoughtful, inquisitive, and intriguing individuals I have met in my entire professional practice.

If you are of a mind to learn, you will learn an amazing amount about the practice of medicine, and how these folks get it done.


Indy
"Boss"

Indy's Blog

www.BestForYourPractice.com
Our Name is Our Creed
JamesNT #27485 01/28/2011 10:29 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,002
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,002
Welcome. Always glad to have those in the know about the tech side available.


Leslie
Hospital Employed Physician Who Misses The Old AC

"It's a good thing for a doctor to have prematurely grey hair and itching piles. It makes him appear to know more than he does and gives him an expression of concern which the patient interprets as being on his behalf. "
Indy #27641 02/02/2011 7:39 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,128
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,128
Originally Posted by Indy
The Doctors that you meet on this forum are some of the most thoughtful, inquisitive, and intriguing individuals I have met in my entire professional practice.

I agree. I enjoy this forum more than any other for this reason. (Also frequent automotive and craft brewing forums, but the folks are a little different there.


Chris
Living the Dream in Alaska
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,211
Likes: 8
JamesNT Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,211
Likes: 8
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I look forward to learning from everyone here.

JamesNT


James Summerlin
My personal site: http://www.dataintegrationsolutions.net
james@dataintegrationsolutions.net

Moderated by  ChrisFNP, DocGene, JBS, Wendell365 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 273 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
ffac 2
Top Posters
Bert 12,908
JBS 3,002
Wendell365 2,370
Sandeep 2,316
ryanjo 2,084
Leslie 2,002
Wayne 1,889
This board is dedicated to the memory of Michael "Indy" Astleford. February 6, 1961 -- April 16, 2019




SiteLock
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5