Most Recent Posts
SQL server
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 12:51 PM
Laptops v. Desktops, what do users prefer?
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 12:46 PM
Electronic Signature Pad for Consent Forms
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 11:12 AM
Member Spotlight
Bert
Bert
Maine
Posts: 12,908
Joined: September 2003
Newest Members
peter smith, Christophe1776, Jun Valley Occ H, Michael Lara, DrDr
4,614 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#64013 01/19/2015 8:48 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 12
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 12
Hello-

I did a search of the forum but did not find any conversations about this. If there is a conversation that has already been had about this, please point me in the right direction.

I am in the small practice with one Nurse Practitioner. Pretty much all imported items come to me unless it is obvious the item is for the Nurse Practitioner (working on this front desk workflow). I believe what is happening is before I get a chance to view some of the imported items, my Nurse Practitioner signs off on it in the patient's chart (when she sees the patient anyway that day, etc). When this happens the "Sign-Off: CHART ITEM for JOHN SMITH (01/01/1901 12:00:00 AM" for that imported item does not get deleted from my inbox.

When I finally go to click on that item, it gives me the following ERROR:

[Linked Image from amazingcharts.com]

I click NO then it says

[Linked Image from amazingcharts.com]

I then have to manually delete this "Sign-Off" item from my inbox. Has anyone had this issue and do you have any thoughts on a solution? This had been happening ever since I started using amazing charts imported item function several years ago...just getting annoying.

Thanks,

Ben

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,002
Likes: 5
JBS Offline
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,002
Likes: 5
Welcome to the AC forum, Ben.

Have you ever heard the expression, "it's not a bug; it's a feature"? I think that applies here. One of the priorities of AC (or any EMR, for that matter) is to be certain that you have seen any important item that is placed in a patient's chart. It is easy to imagine the negative consequences of an abnormal lab or radiology result that is filed without you seeing it. So in general, any item that is imported by a non-provider will generate the type of message you are seeing. If the item is later signed-off by someone else, your message is still there, and you must delete it.

If your NP is also a provider (and is listed that way in AC) then when an item is imported, the staff doing the import has the option of choosing who will do the sign-off. If they know the NP is seeing the patient, they could choose her and the note will be generated in her message box.

Other choices: you can make it so that NO sign-off is required on a document, but that runs the risk of NO ONE seeing it.

Let us know if you have other questions about this; others here may see it differently.


Jon
GI
Baltimore

Reduce needless clicks!
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 12
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 12
Thanks Jon-

Your right...one of the issues is our front desk workflow and how documents are assigned to providers to sign-off. Working on that.

My NP is trying to be helpful by signing off items as she goes but she has inadvertently created this workflow for me.

I was not sure if I was missing something (an option in the preferences menu for instance) that would allow my pending imported items in my inbox to be scanned to see if they have been reviewed already. I figured the answer was no but just thought I would check.

Thanks,

Ben

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,084
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,084
Another "feature-bug" that I have noticed involves sign off of items placed in the "Non-Medical (no sign off req'd)" folder in Imported Items. If one of my MAs moves a document into this folder, I receive an Inbox signoff message. But opening the message produces the "Item you want to sign off was not found" box.


John
Internal Medicine

Moderated by  ChrisFNP, DocGene, JBS, Wendell365 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 313 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
Bert 12,908
JBS 3,002
Wendell365 2,370
Sandeep 2,316
ryanjo 2,084
Leslie 2,002
Wayne 1,889
This board is dedicated to the memory of Michael "Indy" Astleford. February 6, 1961 -- April 16, 2019




SiteLock
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5