Most Recent Posts
SQL server
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 12:51 PM
Laptops v. Desktops, what do users prefer?
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 12:46 PM
Electronic Signature Pad for Consent Forms
by denvertech - 09/27/2026 11:12 AM
Member Spotlight
EyeGuy
EyeGuy
Saratoga Springs, NY
Posts: 121
Joined: April 2008
Newest Members
peter smith, Christophe1776, Jun Valley Occ H, Michael Lara, DrDr
4,614 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#33065 07/26/2011 3:44 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 9
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 9
I recently installed AC 6 on two computers. One was a clean install on a hard drive that I wiped specifically for the AC install. On both computers, one of the first programs installed as AC loaded was something called "Bonjour", a printer sharing application published by Apple. What's the deal with this program and why is it bundled with the AC upgrade? (BTW, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate)

Greg

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,811
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,811
I haven't dug into the details, but it appears to be required for the AC iOS app to run. My preference would be that it would be a 'check-box' option during the install, because right now I have to go back and un-install it on each machine.

As a matter of security policy, we don't allow 'server' apps running on machines unless there is a validated need for it. Not to mention clearing msconfig of anything not necessary in a clinical setting.


Indy
"Boss"

Indy's Blog

www.BestForYourPractice.com
Our Name is Our Creed
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 9
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 9
Thanks Andy. I uninstalled it on both my machines.


Moderated by  ChrisFNP, DocGene, Wendell365 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 207 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
Bert 12,908
JBS 3,002
Wendell365 2,370
Sandeep 2,316
ryanjo 2,084
Leslie 2,002
Wayne 1,889
This board is dedicated to the memory of Michael "Indy" Astleford. February 6, 1961 -- April 16, 2019




SiteLock
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5