I would not have deleted them had I thought they were relevant to Amazing Charts. As everyone knows on here, I am pretty much 50/50 on here about praising AC and giving what I hope is constructive criticism.
I thought it was very classy that Amazing Charts included me in the process of deciding to delete them and actually deleting them. Yes, I imagine they would have been deleted anyway, but the posters of some of those posts PMd me about them and were fine with their being taken down.
I have deleted some posts on here by my own accord, and I always leave a message there to let people know I deleted it. The other alternative is to ban that person. I have probably banned five or six people, almost all of them clearly deserved it. I also generally ban someone for ten days only with a message for them to decide if they want to come back and play fair. So far, no one has come back.
It is difficult to know which people to allow in. Some get blocked and are legit, and then write to AC, and I almost get chastised. It is far more likely that they are let through with a good email and good IP (we have software on the board that checks this). Fortunately, a user who I will not name, generally alerts me quickly, lol. That person is swiftly asked to leave.
But, there is no censorship on the board. If there were, then a former user whose name started with "P" would never have been allowed to stay.
A few years back prior to Pri-Med, there was a huge censorship issue, but we got through that.