Why would you not be using an /ac router? The speeds are nearly three times faster. Certainly, an i7 will give you faster speeds as it is probably the most important of all the hardware requirements. But, my Xeon processor is pretty fast, and I still get slow speeds.
All things being equal (which they aren't given your new main), v8.2 will be slower than 6.3.3. In fact the 6 series is the most stable and fastest of all the versions IMO.
I guess it is because you are using wireless, but I simply could not function in an environment where opening a chart took > 7 seconds. My charts open in < one second each time, and my tabs open in under a second and then instantaneous once everything is cached.
But, it is different for everyone. I guess I would just make sure you test it first.
See PM.