It's just as bad as the ABP. Used to be you took a test every seven years. I would use the UCLA Board Review (something like 60 hours of lectures on CDs I would play in my car). Then, I would go pass it and actually learn a ton by listening to the lectures in my card. Now, we have the exam every ten years, and the MOC 2 and 4. It's ridiculous.
I started the MOC 2, which is an open journal article test. You have to make 80% of 50 to 100 questions (can't remember). So, rather than using something like UpToDate, where I could read through it, I have to use a Pediatrics Journal article on ADHD. So, I am skimming thorugh this six to eight page article trying to find the actual answer, because if you just use what you have been doing for 19 years, there is a 75% chance you will get it wrong. But, even when you find the answer written verbatim, there is no guarantee you will get the question right. So, far, I have done five questions. I have one on Hold. And, I am two out of four on the other. And, I am pretty sure I am going to get the one on Hold wrong. So, I will be at 40% (2 correct and 3 wrong after five questions and 45 minutes).
The people who write the questions for the MCATs, USMLEs, and board certification tests write good questions. These questions are horrible. I sent them an email and I got a response back saying, "Yes, the questions are a bit outdated."
I love the way they do the actual ten year board exam. The exam is free, but if you fail it, you can retake it for $1200. And, if you get a failing score and you officially contest a wrong answer, you may do this, but if you are found to still be wrong, they charge you $250. The good news is if they find that the question was unfair, your challenge is free.