Tom,
I'll answer your questions below and please ask as many as you like.
?How is this best used with a laptop computer.
I doubt the sound card in my X220T would be good enough to take full advantage of the microphone.?
With any of the FlexyMikes or any analog microphone you definitely want to use a USB Sound Card.
?Also, can it somehow be used in a wireless configuration??
We spent some time thinking about a solution for that question and came up with the following
http://www.knowbrainer.com/NewStore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=483&idcategory=16 It is not cheap but people have been very pleased with the combination.
?More specifically, should the FlexyMike Dual Ear Cardiod be used with SpeechWare SpeechMatic MultiAdapter, or can it just be plugged into the mic port on laptop??
The mic port wouldn?t on the laptop (unless you have an aftermarket soundcard like a SoundBlaster) would absolutely take away from the FlexyMike DEC. The SpeechMatic MultiAdapter is the best USB Sound Card but you can also use the Andrea Pure Audio MA witch is one third of the price and will do almost as good of a job.
?Does the TravelMike include the MultiAdapter -- it is pictured together, and looks like it comes as a unit.?
The TravelMike does indeed include the MultiAdapter
?I want to buy one of those -- but I'm like the proverbial donkey between two bales of hay, not knowing which to choose.?
When it comes to the three FlexyMikes I?m not crazy about the single ear simply because I don?t care for any single ear microphones. It?s not about the performance but more of a comfort thing for me, I have it in my head that they don?t stay in place although have of our customers prefer them. The Dual Ear Cardiod is superior to the DE because of the noise cancellation properties. Out of the three I?d go with the Dual Ear Cardiod. When it comes to the sound card the MultiAdapter will squeeze a little more accuracy out than the Pure Audio MA but only a little. If one has the budget I?d go with the Multiadapter, if not go with the less expensive Pure Audio and you?ll still have an awesome set up.
The TravelMike is all about mobility on a laptop or tablet and is perfect for a doc on the run from patient room to patient room or users that feel strongly about not wearing a headset.
Here are a few threads from our online forum with docs talking about their experiences with the mics
http://www.knowbrainer.com/forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=17573&enterthread=yhttp://www.knowbrainer.com/forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=17494&enterthread=y